- Fry one sliced onion on medium-high heat until starting to brown.
- Add meat of your choice (I used pork mince; chicken would taste similar), tossing to ensure even cooking, until surfaces look cooked (the meat will continue to saute or simmer in the following steps).
- Add several slices of belacan (compressed shrimp paste), stirring into the pan juices to dissolve.
- Add 1 small tin of green curry paste (about 115 g) and a generous handful of curry leaves (optional) and stir through, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cans (400 ml each) of coconut milk and 1 can of bamboo shoots, baby corn, or a combination.
- Stir in thickly sliced zucchini or eggplant pieces and simmer until cooked (careful not to overcook!) I used 2 zucchinis.
- Serve over rice, garnished with fresh basil and friend shallot (a condiment available from Asian grocers).
19 May 2009
We make Thai curry quite often, but this one turned out especially well, so I thought I'd share the recipe, since it was fairly simple with not too many ingredients: