15 September 2006

Eggs

Monday (11th) was egg pick-up day. Thirteen eggs... no wonder I felt so bloated... After getting home I told David I'd like a nap, and the next thing I knew, I woke up at 9 pm having missed Anya's entire dinner-bath-bedtime routine.

Tuesday I went to work, but operating at half-speed, so decided to go home a bit early. Typically, I didn't actually manage to leave until an hour after deciding to leave.

Wednesday was embryo transfer day. At Dr Kilvert's recommendation only one embryo was put in. David sat next to me holding my hand and we were discussing the difference between American and Australian TV when Dr Kilvert, who'd been poking around down below, said it was done. I was a bit surprised, as I didn't see the scientist come in with the egg (last time it was shown to me), and I had no idea that he wasn't just prepping.

I'd intended to go to work in the afternoon, but went home instead and rested and napped. I wasn't this exhausted the first time we did this!

We now wait fifteen days before we can test for pregnancy. Meanwhile, every morning and night I top up my progesterone levels with refrigerated pessaries (wax pellets that I insert... /shudder). Sunday I also inject HCG to help things along. I feel like a pincushion with all this self-injecting.

Work is of little interest to me at this point and I find myself fantasizing about just quitting, or getting some mindless sort of work to do, like running a video rental store.

2 comments:

  1. Record shop, you want to own a record shop...

    Or is that just me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woulf love to follow up on how you are doing since I had mine transfered on the 14th of this month. I'm new to this blog thing. I'm in that wait period right now and it's killing me. I did a pregnancy test right now and it was neg. I wasn't expecting it to be pos because I really don't feel anything.

    ReplyDelete