28 August 2006

Next Steps (IVF)

Today is Day 6 of my cycle (Day 1 is when your period starts) and I will be starting FSH injections. Looking back over notes from last time (pre-Anya) I found that on Day 12, the doctor identified how many eggs I had, and on Day 19 the eggs were extracted and fertilised. By Day 22 the fertilised eggs were implanted. In other words, by Sept 13th I might be pregnant. Yikes!

Meanwhile I was also a little freaked to realise that I'm 38, while filling out forms. Dumb, I know, but I don't normally think about my age any more except in the vaguest terms.

This weekend we drove up the coast to Peregian and stopped to look at display homes on the way. The prevailing plan at the moment is to remove our house from the property and build a new one, since we've been unable to find a house that meets all our requirements. I've been feeling quite reluctant to get into building or renovating as I know how time-consuming and frustrating it can be, but I feel quite excited after looking at the display home! http://www.civicsteelhomes.com.au/

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The idea of removing the current house is huge! Where would you guys live while that happened?

    Good luck with the IVF! *baby dust*

    I'll be 40 in Feb! Talk about aging!

    ReplyDelete