What to cook with a minimum of ingredients. Of course you will probably be tempted to dress this up with ginger, curry paste, etc. Feel free! (Though it definitely tastes good the "basic" way.) I improvised this recipe tonight -- I wanted to make Hainan chicken, but with a browned finish.
6 chicken marylands
2 cups chicken broth
400 ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon soy sauce and/or fish sauce
1 cup uncooked rice
1. Bring broth to a boil in large pot. Simmer chicken in broth, approx. 15 min. Drain chicken & reserve broth.
2. Pour coconut milk into a large roasting pan. Mix in the soy sauce/fish sauce.
3. Place the chicken in the roasting dish, turning over to coat. Leave with skin side up*. Bake 1 hour.
* optional: use approx 1 teaspoon of warm broth to thin 2 - 3 tablespoons peanut butter (to milkshake consistency) and drizzle over the chicken to make a tasty coating.
4. Meanwhile, use 2 cups of the reserved broth to cook the rice.
5. Serve with steamed vegetables. Spoon juices from the roasting dish over the whole plate.