09 September 2008

Jack and the Beanstalk

For fun yesterday I downloaded the words for "Jack and the Beanstalk" from Sur La Lune and printed it out with spaces inserted for me to do my own drawings. This is pretty rough as I did it in a hurry, but I might do a more polished version if everything turns out well. (I've also been doing a similar project with Puss 'n Boots but much more carefully and slowly.) Below are just some of the sketches.


Jack meets a stranger who, curiously, knows his name and offers him five magic beans.


Jack wakes up the next morning to a shady bedroom and finds a giant beanstalk outside his window.

Jack & the Beanstalk (3)

The ogre throws down three calves from his belt and says, "Here, wife, broil me a couple of these for breakfast." (I wish I had drawn the table a bit lower, but I love how Jack is peeking out of the oven, where the ogre's wife hid him. I had trouble not thinking about Shrek when sketching up the ogre!)

1 comment: